Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tickled pink

Richmond Flats
Sometime last Fall Bert and I went on a bird walk way out in the Richmond flats near the waste management plant. Walking out along a canal, our guide spotted many new-to-us birds. I was busy with my camera as the space, colors and new landscape was thrilling. I painted the above from one of those photos displayed on my iPad. Since I've been going to the monthly meetings of the El Cerrito Art Association and last night John Finger was going to do a demo of his water color technique which I did not want to miss, I decided to try my luck in their mini art show that takes place at the beginning of each of the meetings. Well, they hung a red ribbon on mine and you gotta know I was tickled pink!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh, Susan, how great! So glad for you. What a great feeling it must be. Congratulations!