Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tim on the Trail


Those of you who know me, know I have a Google Alert on him, have read his book, gone to his lectures, and let's just say, idolize him. So today I decide to turn left at the end of Thoreau on my Sunday walk, instead of turning right as I usually do and decided to walk down the bike path. I sometimes think it's safer to walk the streets, in case I run into a "stranger", but today I said, forget it, it's prettier down the bike path and into the woods along the stream and by the blackberry bushes. So I did. And was happily listening to my iPod when a man walking a large black lab came walking towards me. And I knew him. I totally recognized him and just said as he got close, "Oh My God...TIM!" Well I almost forgot to take the ear buds out, but did, and said something silly probably, and he said, "Well some projects just work out!" Some projects!... like the whole WWW-thing????? oh well, guess he still lives here and probably along Saddle Club road, where some really nice tear-downs have become lovely brook side mansions. Good for him. Apart from just winning the Draper award, he was also voted the 3rd Most influential Unitarian for 2006. I like the Unitarian award.
regards all, from
Sue, still a little shaken

2 comments:

Barbara Peskin, M. Ed. said...

Sue,
Very exciting story. Sounds neat. Did you ask him what he thinks of Second Life?

Also, did you coin the word thlink? think links?

su02420 said...

Nope and Yup.
I did mention to Tim I was running a class on Web2.0 tools, but that's about it. Did say I may have taught his daughter while she was at Diamond Middle School.
Think and Link = Thlink. I invented it while trying to come up with a blog name for Bert. Still seeking name for Bert's yet unformed blog.