Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Skype

Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers.
I have loaded it to my 6 year old G3 at home and am looking for people to "skype" with. My name is su02420 (those are zeros, not o's as in my zipcode). The sound of the person you are talking to comes through the computer's speakers and is much like talking on a speaker phone. I have a mic plugged in and just sitting on my desktop and I can talk and type. We are planning to try Skype in Kindergarten classes to see if kids would be able to communicate between classrooms. There is a search feature that lets you see who else in online and interesting in having a chat. And they are ALL over the world! Definitely worth a try.

No comments: